Position opening: Philanthropic Services Associate
Fremont Area Community Foundation is looking for a collaborative, organized person to assist our philanthropic services team in cultivating and expanding relationships with donors, nonprofit organizations, and affiliate foundations. This person will serve as a liaison for donors and fund representatives and ensure personalized and timely service. The ideal candidate will have a high level of integrity, interpersonal skill, and professionalism and be eager to work toward the continued growth of the Community Foundation. Apply by December 1.
We were founded in 1951 by a group of dedicated community leaders and have grown to be one of the largest community foundations in the U.S. per capita. In 2022, we awarded $9.5 million in grants and more than $500,000 in scholarships.
The Community Foundation’s mission is to enhance quality of life for all people in Newaygo County and surrounding communities. We do this by connecting the generosity of passionate donors with community needs, and we are guided by the principles of building goodwill, earning trust, and strengthening relationships. Our organization also supports affiliate foundations in Lake, Mecosta, and Osceola counties.
General responsibilities of this position
- Assist in cultivating, maintaining, and expanding relationships with donors
- Manage relationships with nonprofit organizations that have endowed funds
- Work closely with colleagues to provide high-impact stewardship through events, correspondence, calls, and other outreach and recognition
- Provide administrative support including processing fund agreements, statements, reports, gifts, and acknowledgements
- Position may include limited travel within our four-county area (Lake, Mecosta, Newaygo, and Osceola counties)
View a full job description HERE.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with and knowledge of the nonprofit sector and fundraising
- High level of integrity and professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior organization skills and ability to handle confidential information professionally
Compensation and benefits
- Full-time, salaried position
- Generous benefits package, including health, dental, and vision
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Ample vacation time and paid holidays
- Wellness time off and benefits
- Access to professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Staff matching gift and volunteer time programs
What it’s like to work here
We value work/life balance and seek to cultivate a flexible, positive culture. Our full-time work week is 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Fridays. Staff can choose to work from home/virtually on Wednesdays and Fridays and can take advantage of wellness time off and volunteer time programs. We have a comfortable, well-maintained office just outside the City of Fremont, and our property includes a prairie area featuring native plants and a walking path.
Applying for this position
Please email a cover letter and resume by December 1 to email@example.com.
Following the application deadline, staff will review submissions, and top candidates will be asked to interview. Interviews will be in person at our office in Fremont with key staff members and will last about 1 hour.
Finalists may be asked to join us for a second interview. They may also be asked to provide a list of three references and consent to a background check.
The proposed starting date for this position is January 2024.