Supporting healthy and fulfilling lives for seniors in our community.
The Elderly Needs Fund is now the Bridging Generations Fund! While the fund continues to award grants to benefit and enrich life for older adults in Newaygo County, the fund’s board of directors is also committed to reframing the way we talk about aging in our community and supporting programs that encourage intergenerational partnerships. They chose their new name to better reflect these priorities.
The purpose of the Bridging Generations Fund is to make grants to benefit and enrich life for older adults in Newaygo County. Grant requests are accepted for projects or programs that promote:
- Physical health of older adults in our community
- Mental/emotional well-being of older adults and their caregivers
- Social enrichment and prevention of social isolation
- Basic human services for older adults
|Application deadline*||February 1||September 1|
*If a deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, grant applications will be due on the next business day.
Board of Trustees:
- Micheal Anderson, President
- Jena Zeerip, Vice President
- Christie Pollock, Secretary/Treasurer
- Herman Becker
- Christian Burns
- Linda Landheer
- Brennan Schuler
- Gerald VanWieren