Supporting positive opportunities for youth.
Grants are available for programs that improve the quality of life for youth in Newaygo County. Applications are evaluated by members of the Community Foundation’s Youth Advisory Committee (YAC). The group used the results of a needs assessment survey distributed in local schools to develop funding priorities and has $75,000 available to support programs impacting Newaygo County teens.
H.E.L.P. (Helping Everyone Live Positively)
Support for Newaygo County youth who face challenges with drugs, questioned sexuality, teen pregnancy, or poor home life
Social opportunities for youth
Building and improving recreational and educational activities for the youth of Newaygo County
Who is eligible?
- Nonprofit organizations (generally, 501(c)3 tax-exempt status), educational institutions, and governmental entities.
- Organizations within Newaygo County or organizations outside of Newaygo County with charitable projects that improve the quality of life for teenagers in Newaygo County.
What YAC will generally not fund:
- Grants to individuals
- Purchase of property or vacant land
- Sponsorship of one-time, special events
- Existing obligations or replenishing other sources used to pay for such obligations
- Religious programs that require religious affiliation and/or religious instruction to receive service
- Projects that begin prior to notification of Community Foundation funding
- Duplication of existing programs or services